Monday, July 16, 2012

Who Was I? Who am I?

What was I like as a child? Loving the outdoors, wandering and nature. A fascination for creatures of nature, elves, mermaids, animals, flowers, unicorns and make believe. Never liked school much and didn't learn by rote, only by watching and imitating. I loved old folks and listening to their stories. I loved to roam free and explore the woods, the jungle, there was no fear, there was anxiety, but there was the desire to roam, with or without company. I was brought up loving nature but also loving books even more. Books had to be read, music had to be listened to, even while the forrest called. I am a forrest child descendant of a forrest dwelling people. the whispers of the past like echos flow through my blood. I listened to adults discuss politics and philosophy and ideas. Ideas were the most valued commodity of my childhood. Originality, creativity, cooperation. What did I dream of? What did I dream for? A house a family, a home to come to. What did I dream of becoming? of doing? What did I want to be? I just wanted to roam in freedom, to see, to experience, to collect stories, memories, mementos and then go home to share them. Help people? change the world? exist? be an astronaut? pilot? doctor? engineer? or did they just make me feel like I had to be something more than what I was already? Something "great and important"?  As if I didn't count. 



No comments:

Post a Comment