Friday, June 1, 2012

DADDY DEAREST




Where is my father?
I do not talk biology
Or even theology
It goes beyond mere DNA
And even further
Than Creation

I searched for a man
To protect me
And provide for me
And to love me
Unconditionally
Wholeheartedly

Daddy! Daddy!!
I am scared!!!
Please save me
From the bogey man
That you left me with
Alone so alone

Where is my daddy?
My fortress
Against life’s terror
My bronze wall
My shield and buckler
I am mortally wounded

How can I trust
An unseen Father
An invisible God
When I cannot trust
His image and likeness
My own father on earth

I have a dream lover
A River Husband
A Water Man
A Product
Of my own imagination
The man I wish you were

Ancient Oedipal symbology
’Tis the language of gods
And goddesses
Now called psychology
Ancient wisdom
In new wineskins

My father connived
With my lord and master
To take me to Hades
And keep me there
My mother wept
Like Demeter

Ezenwanyi, spring is coming!
Unlike Persephone
I have no mother
To welcome me back
Goddess of the Harvest
Be kind to me!

Daddy! Daddy!!!
You made me an orphan
While you were alive
Forgive me Father
I fear not death
Yours or mine




© Lesley Gene Agams     February 13, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment