Friday, June 8, 2012

Persephone Sings to Demeter


Forgive me Mother for I have sinned. I made my choices and blamed them on you and on fate. Because I could not bear the burden of responsibility.

I travelled light. I longed to be a carefree maiden a while longer. Enjoying the company of my dancing and singing companions while we pick flowers in the fields of Asholon.

Mother. I followed the desire of my heart. Forgive me that I abandoned you a little way. I am here now for a season. Blessed be thy memory for ever and ever.

Mother. In whose embrace I lay. Helpless. Yet safe. Surrounded by security. Mother in whose womb an ancient mystery is whispered. Mother. Forgive us the neglect of you. Enrich our harvest.

We stretch towards the light of the sun peaking over our heads. Firmly anchored in your nourishing and bountiful body. Great Mother. Wonderful Mother.

Forgive us our sins. We leave behind the shell of our ignorance to nurture us as we grow. In an endless cycle of renewal. Birth. Growth. Death. Rest. The good, the bad, the ugly.

Great Mother. Behold. Your children. Seize a little while from your feverish dance to nurture us upon your breast once more. And again. Forgive me Mother for I have sinned.

Blessed is our harvest of boons when we honour the Mother. For She is Great indeed and without her there is Nothing. Only a void. A hole. An emptiness. Our lives are empty without Her.

Thank you Mother. How quickly you forgive. How quickly you restore. Your love is unconditional. Sweet Mother. Blessed Mother.

I am no longer a carefree maid singing and dancing in fields of Asholon with my companions. I grow towards the Light. I am Persephone, a Warrior of Light and Queen of Hades. A maid no longer.

Come Mother. Sweet Mother. Precious Mother. Beloved Mother. Let us walk the fields together once again. Side by side

Posted by MzAgams with WordPress for BlackBerry. 21/4/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment