Friday, June 1, 2012

FLYING HIGH




In touch with myself
But out of touch with you
Don’t worry it’s just a stage
I’m going through
I’ll get out of
And once again
Reach out and engage

Flying through the clouds
I see the truth
I never heard from you
The silences are filled
With silence
And I hear the world
And nature too

Afraid to touch down
Scared, frightened, terrified
What will I find down there?
Peace and love
Or pain
Acceptance or rejection
I really want a welcome

I’ve been gone too long
While I was away
The world moved on
So did I
But in a different way
Good or bad, who knows?
Think of a bad cliché

Is it an epiphany or a homily?
It might as well be
A eulogy
That’s how much I care
Or so I claim
When deep down
I pray for another day

Touchdown is imminent
And inevitable
I’m running out of gas
Re-fuelling mid-air
Is not an option here
Calling Earth
Get ready I’m coming in


Copyright 2005                                                                                                      
Lesley Gene Agams
Abuja June 19, 2005


No comments:

Post a Comment