Friday, June 1, 2012

LONGING




Far away from home I dwell
Far from the deep blue sea
Far from my friends and playmates tpp
Far from the ones that love the genuine me

Cast up on shore I made my way
To find the love of man
Far Inland far way from home
I came to seek his hand

These humans know nothing of love
They know nothing of great desire
These puny humans fine may be
But their love lacks all fire

I asked my Father why did he
Allow me go and then abandon me
My daughter he replies in kindly tone
Is not the whole wide world my own?

Still yet I sit upon the shore
And gaze with longing at my home before
When I a carefree spirit roamed
Upon the foaming surf, never alone

A solitaire I have become
My friends are gone I am the only one
They swim and frolic far away from here
While I have lost my fins to fear


 © Lesley Gene Agams      March 4, 2006

No comments:

Post a Comment